Saturday, August 08, 2009

Happiness Is....

Happiness is...dancing with your 4 yr. old in the middle of Taco Bell to The Doobie Brothers, and not caring that everyone probably thought I was crazy...

Happiness is.....relishing the cool a/c in my truck on a hot day...

Happiness is....looking at my husband, seeing the worry lines on his forehead, and knowing the reason they are there is because he really does care...

Happiness is....a rare moment to be alone together.....

Happiness is......being content in this moment, not thinking about tomorrow, next week or year, or even 10 minutes from now...

Happiness is...knowing that no matter what happens down the road, that right here, right now, in this moment, there is no where in the Universe that you would rather be....

Ta!

*Music of the Moment: Listen to the Music by The Doobie Brothers*
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

The Computer Connoisseur said...

Great entry, finding happiness in seemingly mundane things is wonderful.

If everyone could see happiness in everyday life, the world would be a better place.

AmyK. said...

Absolutely agree with everything you said.

That is why my blog is titled Ït's the Moments, Not the Milestones", you know? You have to appreciate things as they occur.

And I dance and sing in public all the time, much to my childrens' horror. I'd like to think that in the future they will do the same to their kids and remember that we had FUN.

Unknown said...

I totally agree Amy, it is one of the reasons I love your blog.

My older kids roll their eyes and sorta scoot away from me..you know, to pretend they don't know me, but my baby girl is still young enough to think I am the coolest thing since sliced bread so it was one of those moments that will stick with you forever...

I hope that our kids will do the same with their kids...and to feel the same way I felt in that moment...:)

ShareThis