Saturday, November 27, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 17




Day 17 : A book you've read that changed your views on something...


Anyone who knows me already knows what I am going to write about lol.

The first book that ever stood out to me and made me think differently was "The Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean M. Auel.

You can click the link and read a better review than I could write, but this book sparked a love of history, a love of knowledge, a love of herbs and plants, and so many other things. I have read the entire series, and I am so excited that the next book, and possibly the last in the series, will be out in March of next year.

I think I was around 8 or 9 when I first read the book, and I have read them all dozens of times. They are a comfort to me, and each book stands out as clear in my mind today as they do when I read them the first time over 20 years ago.

It is hard for me to define just what it is that made the book so special to me, but the best way I can explain it is that it opened up a door in my mind, which has led to a lot of self discovery and led me to learn about things I might not have bothered with had I not read them.

I highly recommend the series to any and everyone!

No comments:

ShareThis