Saturday, January 22, 2011

Furniture Lust

It is that time of year again. In the days before we get income tax in, I start mentally shopping. See I have a problem. I love furniture. Usually big pieces of furniture. I own a mammoth entertainment center. Big screen HDTV, surround sound system, overstuffed leather couch and chair. More end tables than you can shake a stick at. Big bookshelves. Big cabinets for pantries. I love furniture. The problem is I live in a teeny little two bedroom place, which is wider than it is long, and I am pretty much out of room for new stuff. 


There is one more piece I have to have though. A new computer desk. One with drawers and cubby holes and a place to put my stuff. I found it, now I just have to wait for the money to come in so we can get it.
Here is a pic! ( Photo from walmart.com ) Isn't it pretty?






As you all know, I am addicted to the CSN Network of stores. One of the issues I have in my living room is that the entertainment center takes up an entire wall. It splits up into 3 sections, meaning I could move it to different parts of the room, but I would then have to have a TV stands for flat screens, as it does not have its own base. So I hopped online and started looking, and I found a ton at CSN that I loved. Ironically enough, the desk I am getting, while at a local store, is handled by CSN, I thought that was cool lol. 


Once I get my desk, I think that will have to satisfy my furniture craving for a while, or I am just going to have to get a bigger house!


Is anyone else out there addicted to furniture?

4 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I've never suffered of furniture lust, but I'm a real book slut. I can't go into a bookstore because I want to EVERYTHING!

I checked out the TV stands and I'm thinking about getting something for my mom. She needs one for flat screen TV.

Sydnii said...

If I had the monies, I would definitely be addicted to furniture! As it is, I just drool and add things to my Amazon wishlist for the future.

Unknown said...

An astounding YES for me. The older the better too. I never get rid of anything, but when I need room for more "new" stuff I loan out some of my other stuff. Does that make any sense? It's all still mine- I'm just being generous and sharing my lovely pieces with my lovely people. Hope your having a Great Weekend--

Anonymous said...

Yes! Ikea is my downfall. Especially their expedit bookshelf line. Seriously, how many bookshelves can one home own? My husband groans every time I start talking about another one for the collection because it means 1. we'll have less wall space & 2. I'll have an excuse to buy more books & knick knacks to fill all the shelves!

ShareThis