Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yule ( almost ) greetings!

Howdy do guys and gals?!

It has been a busy few days in the House of Bella, and I am finally getting enough time and mental coherency to type out a short post.

Xmas shopping is done, finally. It was not much, but the stuff I did get was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Hopefully the kids will be pleased.

Today and tomorrow are holiday gift baking test days. Jack made Lemon Bars courtesy of Deep South Dish and O.M.G. were the divine. My mom LOVES Lemon Bars and these turned out so damn good, so we will be making these for her in a couple of days for a gift, and tomorrow I am making yeast bread, but instead of baking it, I am going to let it rise the first time, knead it out and then instead of letting it rise a second time, I will roll the dough into balls and freeze them for yeast rolls. That way when she wants fresh yeast rolls she can have them on hand, she just has to thaw them and let them rise before baking. I might also make these Vanilla Shortbreads  from Girlichef because mom loves shortbread and those look freaking awesome and I want to try them myself lol.

So tomorrow is more gift baking...and present wrapping me thinks. I have to force myself to do it because I SUCK at gift wrapping. Jack, of course, is excellent at it, but hates it so he runs the other way when I bring out the gift wrap, damn it lol.

He made chili for dinner and we had lemon bars for dessert and I am officially miserable and full but I don't care, it was so worth it lol. Now he is stretched out on the couch pretending not to nap, and I am digesting and doing a whole bunch of nothing.

Yesterday I washed, dried, and folded 6 loads of laundry, ran the vac  in all the house except Alex's room, which she is picking up now so I CAN run the vac in there, hung more fairy lights, washed dishes, cooked, all while battling a mild case of food poisoning. So today, other than the sink full of dishes from cooking, I can pretty much relax today.

Since I might not get to post for a couple of more days,I wanted to wish you all a Merry and Happy Yule, and  a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!



9 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you personally for your kind words yesterday. It is hard to deal with loss, but I know she will forever remain in my heart. Thank you.
Mary

Hibiscus Moon said...

I am feeling very guilty for not getting shit done around here after reading your post. You are a wonder woman!

Heather S-G said...

I wish I was as productive!! Thanks for the shout out, Bella...and I wish you a very blessed Yule :)

Mother Moon said...

you are quite busy.... take a bit of time for you when you can....and likewise you have a very blessed winter solstice...

Ryan Sutton said...

I have some holiday gift baking to do myself. I drew my new sister-in-law for holiday gift exchange this year, and have no idea what she likes. =S Whatever I end up making, I hope it turns out at least half as successful as yours did. =)

Lyon said...

Merry Yule, Bella!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Solstice Bella...hope you all have a beautiful time!

Rue said...

You are my hero - how do you get it all done? All I have to do is take care of a couple of cats and myself (barely) and I'm still SO behind!

Those lemon bars sound yummy!

Blessed Yule!

Bridgett said...

Oh, lemon bars! I love anything lemon.

Off to check out that recipe. :)

Bella, I hope you had such a blessed Yule!

)O(
boo

ShareThis