Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time flies....

Good grief. Every time I want to sit down and blog, something else always comes up! Such is life right?

Anyway, I have been keeping myself busy with mundane tasks over the last several days, and some not so mundane. I FINALLY got Alex's room painted, although it is just the gods-awful purple undercoat. I am going to be sponge painting it over with pink and teal to match her bedspread and so when I get the paint and get that done I will post some pics. I did this room all alone, a couple of nights ago, stayed up all night to do it. Alex has decided she does not need to sleep more than 3 hours a night so might as well be productive while I sit up all night right lol?

I do not know what it is about this shade of purple that I despise and Jack and Alex love. It honestly looks to be the same color as grape bubble yum bubble gum. It is dark and horrendous, but everyone loves it but me lol. Oh well, I don't have to sleep in there, right lol?

In other news, I found out today that Alex got accepted into the school that I really wanted her to be in today! It is a charter school, Pre-K through eighth grade, small, with excellent staff and teachers, and with small classes ( hence the pre-k waiting list from last year that we did not get called in for ) so the students get way more of the teachers time than the other two schools she could have gone in, with 45 kids crammed into a class. I feel more comfortable with the smaller school as well, since she will be going into kindergarten and I am afraid she will be shell shocked since she has been here with me for 3 years. I know I am underestimating her, but she is my last "baby" and all of the sudden she went from independent big girl to "omg she is to little to be away from me already" lol.. That is all in my head of course, she is STILL the "way to independent for my peace of mind" almost 6 year old! I am so relieved and she is so excited.

That means I will get a few days of empty house bliss before I have to go hunt something part time for work. Jack and I sat down the other night and had a talk and decided that if I make enough to cover groceries and gas for our trucks, all will be fine, and I will not have to work full time if I do not want. Which I do not, not until Alex gets used to her new routine. Plus, being a charter school, one of the requirements of her being able to go there is for a parent to volunteer so many hours per year at the school, which is fine with me. I am going to be one of those moms who are involved in everything, so excuse me if I get annoying in telling you all about how I did this and that with her school lol..I missed out on so much with my older two, I am not going to let my last chance slip by!

Let's see, what else? Nothing much out of the ordinary has been going on, other than Alex's weird sleep schedule. Suddenly she runs wide open on only three hours of sleep and it is killing me, because if I lived in a perfect world of no responsibility, I could EASILY sleep 12 or 14 hours a day lol. I love to sleep when able, what can I say?

My birthday went well, my Mom made me an awesome cake and I got flowers and her awesome chicken salad ( I think I already posted about that ) and some other stuff, it was really nice. I am STILL weeding clutter out of my house, I think that will take the rest of my life I swear! The kids are doing well, parents are doing okay, so life is pretty normal!

I was recently honored by Magaly at Pagan Culture with an award, which is really cool. She asked 10 questions, and after I answer them I am supposed to nominate some people, but to be honest, I see so many of those "award cauldrons" and people bitching about them, I am not sure of who to send what to anymore, so if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged!





Here are the 10 questions:


1. How old were you when you first showed interest in the written word?
I was three years old when my Mom taught me to read. Both my parents were ( and still are ) avid readers, and neither of them could sit down and read without me crawling in their lap asking " What is this word?" so Mom said enough, and taught me to read. I have read avidly ever since!


2. What is your favorite old time book and why?
The first book that impacted my life was The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel. I read it when I was 8 or 9 and fell in love with it, and read the whole series. It was unlike anything I have ever read, it went into so much detail about hunting and gathering, from food to medicinal, and with practical application, and prehistoric life. The research Jean did for her books are nothing short of phenomenal and I highly recommend the entire Earth Children Series if you have not read it.


3. Superstitious?
Nah, not really.


4. Are you afraid of the dark or do you chase the things that go bump when the lights are out?
With the exception of certain bugs, I am the one who chases away all the things that go bump in the night. I am a creature of the night for sure!


5. Done any skinny dipping lately? Ever? 
Lately? No, I do not want to cause any fish or aquatic creature any mental trauma, I am not so sure that they have therapists down there to help them unsee what they might have seen LOL. In the past I have gone a handful of times!

6.  What makes you go "DAMN!" when you look at an attractive person?
On males, long hair, muscular ( but not crazy steroid buff ) arms and legs, and some well placed tattoos. On a female, usually longer hair, kind of punk rock look, with great legs, preferably in sexy heels, but I am also attracted to the "Earthy" types as well. That is more of an attitude thing more so than looks however. A sexy and confident attitude can make anyone look hot to me!


7. What do you know about Witches?
That there are good ones and bad ones, just like everyone else. Which Witch is Which? Lol..


8. Environmentally friendly or environmentally terrorist? The last kind would get really pissed if others don't conserve water. 
Environmentally friendly, those that are the terrorist type make me run the other way.


9. Have you been in a strip club?
Several in fact lol...some good, some sleazy. If twirling around on a pole in your undies or less feeds your kids better than working at the fast food restaurant, more power to ya.  It is your body, flaunt it if you got it!

10. What was the last book you read?
I am currently re-reading Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. (I think that is how to spell her name!) I read it years ago, but I currently own all the Avalon series, and read them in chronological order ( when they take place in a timeline, not the order they were written )  and in keeping with the series I am reading it again as I am sure there are some parts I have forgotten!


So there they are! Thanks again to Mags for bestowing me with the award, I am very honored! Again, if you want to snag her questions, or even write 10 of your own, feel free!

So I think that about sums up what has been going on in my life. I am hopefully going out for the first time in two years with two old friends of mine next weekend, so I am pretty excited about that, and will post about it when it happens!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!


2 comments:

Rue said...

Wow - busy girl - and on little sleep! I hope Alex gets past this three-hour stage soon!

I'm not a purple fan either - but girls love it for some reason. I'm sure it will look really cool when the pink sponging is on it.

Congrats on getting Alex into the school you wanted. There is really something to be said for smaller classes!

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well! I loved the update and hope you post pictures of Alex's room soon. I love purple but it has to be a good purple so I'm curious :)

ShareThis