Wednesday, November 03, 2010

My Review of Porcelain Enamel 10-Piece Cookware Set in Blue

Originally submitted at Cookware Essentials

This cookware set is an exceptional value, including all of the pans needed to equip your kitchen with the most used cooking pieces. It includes saucepans for whisking a homemade sauce or cooking your morning oatmeal, a big stockpot for soups, stews or boiling pasta, and skillets (probably the most...


Wonderful set of cookware!

By Bella the Bold from Crawfordville Florida on 11/3/2010

 

5out of 5

Pros: Handle Stays Cool, Retains Heat, Durable, Easy To Clean, Non-Stick, Distributes Heat Evenly

Best Uses: Elaborate Meals, Gifts, Simple Meals, Small Kitchens, Large Kitchens

Describe Yourself: Avid Cook

I love this set of cookware! I am an avid cook, but on a limited budget, so I was having to make do with cheaper sets of pots and pans, and I really hated it. I have been longing for a higher quality set of cookware, and I love Rachel Ray, so I was very excited when I was given a gift certificate for any of the CSN stores through my blog.

Cookware.com is the first place I went, I knew exactly what I wanted! I ordered the set and in a couple of weeks it was delivered. I used it a couple of nights later and fell in love! The pieces are a beautiful cobalt blue, the pots are larger and deeper than I expected ( which is a good thing ) and everything but the shallower skillets have lids.

I love the stay cool handles, they are very comfortable to hold. The pieces are on the heavier side, which is great. I can not stand the thinner, super lightweight types that feel like they will fall apart, and these have a very reassuring weight to them.

I was nervous the first time I used them, because I have an old electric stove with the flat metal heating plates, and they are a little rusty looking, so I was afraid I would scratch the finish or turn the bottoms black. The bottoms are also blue and have the Rachel Ray stamp on there. After I cooked with them, I checked the bottom and was thrilled to see that there were no scratches and the finish was just as clean and pretty as it was when I took them out of the box. I have used them nightly for two weeks and they are still in perfect condition. They are a lot more durable than you might think. Be sure to only use wood, plastic or nylon utensils, never metal, so you do not scratch the non-stick coating.

Be sure to never heat them on HI, only Med-HI. The instructions tell you this, and I know from dish sets in the past that they are more prone to warping and having the finish bubble. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes longer to heat to boiling on med-hi than it does on hi, ( less if you use the lid, which also saves energy and time )and this set retains heat like a dream, so take care of your dishes and you will get to enjoy them for decades to come.

I do not have a dishwasher, so I hand wash them, which I would do even if I DID have a dishwasher, because I would hate for the color to fade or chip from the heat and the high pressure water from the dishwasher.

This set is perfect for our family ( 2 adults, 3 kids ) and I think it would make a perfect gift to any person who loves to cook!

Picture of the set right out of the box...

thumbnail

Tags: Picture of Product

Picture of the Rachel Ray stamp on the bottom...

thumbnail

Tags: Picture of Product

(legalese)

No comments:

ShareThis