Friday, December 03, 2010

30 Days of Truth : Day 23



Day 23 : Something you wish you HAD done in your life....


Hmmm. I guess I have a few of these too.


I wish I had been closer to my family. This is not totally my fault however, as my Mom's family lives mostly in Georgia and Tennessee, and my Dad's family were always pissed off at each other.


There is such a huge age difference between my half siblings and myself, they were grown when I was born, so they did not have much time for a little sister. One of my brothers I have seen maybe 10 times in my life, and he lives not to far from here. My other brother and sister spent time with me when I was around 8 or so, but then life got in the way for them. 


Combine that with a very volatile relationship with my sister ( she liked to compete for Dad's affection, not that there was much, when we were younger ) and a huge misunderstanding that happened when I was 15,  all add up to the fact that we do not talk much. 


I have always wanted a close knit family, like others have, but that was just not in the cards this time. We are all strong willed individuals and we tend to butt heads a lot.


I also wish I had not left a couple of the jobs I had when I was younger. I had some amazing opportunities that I threw away because I made the wrong choices, and my priorities were very askew. I was a Research Analyst for the Dept. of Education when I was 22 for Pete's sake. I let my ex ( the coke head one ) talk me into making some bad choices, and I threw it away. 


There again, everything happens for a reason, and it was those choices that led me to the life I have today. My life is far from perfect, but I am happy, and that means a lot to me!

No comments:

ShareThis