Monday, May 09, 2011

Surprising weekend...

So my weekend started off like any other.


I got to sleep in for a couple of hours which is great, but as soon as I stumble out of my bedroom door, the chaos starts. Alex sees that I am mobile ( notice I did not say awake ) and immediately starts yammering at me like she has not seen me in a month. I head to the bathroom and lock the door and stay there for the next 15 minutes, sitting on the edge of the tub, so I can wake up in peace. I come out and of course there is something that has to be done or cleaned right THEN, thanks to Alex. Jack is usually outside wandering around in the yard, and that day was no exception. Thirty minutes later I was yelling at Alex, which I hate to do, to just please BE QUIET and let my brain wake up. Apparently I was loud enough to be heard outside, because Jack came in and I was hollering again, broom in hand, wondering why I can go to bed with the house clean, and wake up to a scene from a tornado aftermath.


Jack took one look at me and took the broom out of my hand and said " Enough. We need to get you out of here, you have been super stressed for a couple of weeks now. We are going to find somewhere to go swimming, go get ready."


I started grumbling to myself as I followed an ecstatic Alex to my room to get changed about it being hot and having to deal with 400 skinny chicks in their teeny bikinis while I lumber out there like a whale with my white skin in a t-shirt and shorts, wondering how many people would look at me and think "Cow. Go home."


My stress level jumped. After 45 minutes of self administered mental abuse, we were ready to go. We went to the corner store and got a couple of 12 packs of sodas and water and some ice to throw in the cooler, and off we went. We decided to not go where we originally intended to go, and went to a place called Lost Lake.


There was no one there when we got there, much to my delight, and even better, we were alone the ENTIRE DAY. The water was clear and warm, we all had a blast. It was relaxing and fun, and even the little sunburn I got on my back was worth it. I am hoping that it was not just a fluke and it is usually empty like that. It was a perfect day for swimming, so if it were still popular, it would have been crawling with people, so I am crossing my fingers that everyone forgot about Lost Lake lol...


Alex does not know how to swim yet, and we started teaching her. That child has NO fear. She was in water up to her chin with no floaties or anything, and she did not bat an eye. We had a wonderful time. We finally drug our sun and waterlogged selves out around 5:30 and headed home. Alex went across the street to play and Jack and I watched a few episodes of The Tudors before the night race at Darlington came on. We all made it until 10 that night before we had to go to bed, even though the race was not over.


Sunday (Mother's Day ) I got up and took a shower and we headed over to my Mom's for our Mother's Day/my birthday dinner. We had a huge spread, and my cousin Shelby and her girlfriend Mal ( you might remember Mal, she is the one who wrecked in my parents Suburban and almost died..she is pretty much 100% back to normal, which is a miracle ) were there, they finally moved back up here to go to FSU after Mal recovered from her wreck and subsequent surgeries. It was so awesome to see them, I love them so much. It was a great day of food, fun and family, and when we got home, Jack even cleaned the house up for me. We watched more Tudors until 10 and headed to bed and here I am.


It was a wonderful weekend, with a lot of fun and time to relax, and just enjoy being together.


I hope to have many more like it in the future.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfectly blissful my friend and much deserved.

Judy said...

What a great way to spend the day...

Anonymous said...

I love this blog I am so happy you had a great day yesterday.

ShareThis