Thursday, November 17, 2011

I was here...


I was sitting here this morning, waiting for Alex to finish eating breakfast so I could get her ready for school, and, like most mornings, I was reading my Facebook wall to see what had happened since I went to bed last night. There was a post from Entertainment Tonight I think it was, and it had a thing about Beyonce's never before seen wedding dress on her new video.

Now I love Beyonce...for a lot of reasons....and the fact that she and Jay-Z got married on April 4th of 2008 stands out to me since my anniversary with Jack is also on April 4th...of 2004..but still lol...

I decided to watch the video because I was interested in what kind of wedding dress she would have picked, and listen to the new song...

Five minutes later I was sitting here crying my eyes out.

I will post the video if it will let me, but after watching it, the lyrics, the music, the way she sang...all of it came together in a perfect point on the end of a gilded dagger and drove right into my soul.

We all, in some way, want to leave our mark on the world. We want to be remembered. Some of us do grand things, movies, music, business tycoons, humanitarians, dictators, you name it. Beyonce surely has already left her mark. She is gorgeous, talented, kind and giving and loving, but, after watching that video, I saw the wonder on her face in those clips. I saw the awe in her eyes that she gets to lead the life she has, to entertain the masses, to help those in need ( which she has done ) to see things she might never would have seen otherwise. The thing that spoke to me the most in her eyes though was the fact she was HUMBLED! She still felt lucky, she still felt like she was living a dream. She had not become jaded or entitled or adopted that Diva superstar personality. Her legacy, that she will soon share with her first child, is one of wonderment and gratefulness. That child will be so lucky, not because it gets to grow up with mega rich and famous parents, but because of what kind of Mom he or she will have. If Beyonce can achieve the level of stardom that she has, and is still able to gaze on the world with that sense of awe and amazement....then that child will be very fortunate indeed....

No comments:

ShareThis