Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas Post

First of all, Merry Christmas since I did not get on here to blog on the actual day lol. 


Alex was nice enough to spill a large full glass of pink grapefruit juice all in my other keyboard, so I was stuck using one of those rubber flat keyboards which was a nightmare. Today my nice new ergo board arrived in the post so here I am!


It was a great Christmas, the best I have probably ever had. Being with the family was a delight, the food was excellent and everyone loved their gifts! I even got gifts this year. My mother got me a gorgeous light emerald and sterling silver ring, which made my jaw drop. It is beautiful! I also received two shirts, one white and one black, which were lovely, homemade bath salts that she and my son made, a book called Threads of Malice that is unlike anything I have ever read and is amazing, and some home baked goods I look forward to all year.


When I got home, it was time to open the unexpected present that Jack got for me. It surprised me because we have not done gifts for each other in years because usually we spend all we have on gifts for the kids, and as far as I knew, that was still the plan this year, but he had other ideas lol. I opened the heavy box and the first thing I pulled out was a cord...a power cord. I looked at him in confusion and he just grinned wickedly and nodded for me to keep going. I reached in and my hand closed on something cold and metal. I pulled it out and it was a new pocket knife, in silver and blue ( my fav color ). Yes, we are kind of country, hush lol. I loved it. In the clip of the knife were two handwritten index cards, one for a new computer desk, but I had to find it, and he would buy it come income tax time ( which is less than a month away for us ) because all the ones he found he knew I would not like, and the other one was of a personal nature that I will not share here ;) I reached farther into the box and my hands felt some kind of box, which was heavy, and I could not close my hands around it, so I had to slide it out of the box.


Imagine my surprise as I finally wrestled a brand new PLAYSTATION 3 out of the box!!!!!! My mouth dropped open and I squealed in delight! I have wanted one since they first came out but they were soooo expensive I did not think I would be able to get one until the ps4 comes out or whatever is next lol.


Then the slight downside came, which was we found out the PS3 does not play PS2 games, which is stupid, and that because he did not know what I wanted he did not get any games to go with it, but I hopped online and ordered 3 right off the bat so those will be here in a few days and I can also finally play BluRay movies! 


So that was my very awesome gift from him.


The best gift came from Alex however...


After I opened the gift from Jack, she brought out a little wrapped gift that has been sitting under the tree for a couple of weeks that I had forgotten about. It was something she made in school and had brought home before she went on winter break.


I opened the gift that she wrapped herself, with my name on it that she wrote herself, and inside was a little white plaster heart she made in art class...with waves of red and gold glitter on it. I hugged her and told her I loved it ( and I do! ) and she said " it is a heart because I love you and the waves of sparkly stuff because I know you love the water and shiny stuff"


I have been bawling off and on about it ever since lol. It sits here in front of me on my desk and I get teary eyed every time I think about it or look at it lol. She is such a sweet little girl at times!


It was a great holiday, filled with family, food and fun, and it was the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed Christmas. Even my dad was pleasant which is a miracle in and of itself lol.


I have to admit I am glad it is over though. I am ready to get back into my routine. Alex goes back to school next Tuesday and tomorrow and Wednesday the older two are coming to spend the day with me, so I am looking forward to that.


After the New Year I have some changes to make and that is something I will write about later. Most of it has to do with the house, and a few things to do with me, so keep an eye out for those posts. 


I hope you all had a great Holiday no matter what you did, and I hope you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

No comments:

ShareThis