Friday, January 04, 2013

Pagan Blog Project 2013 Week 1: A is for Anticipation

Anticipation is not exactly a Pagan word, but for me it is a good summary word of how I feel about the coming year for this project and many other things in my spiritual life. Things are changing so much, in all realms of my life. I find myself in a constant state of anticipation.



I admit I almost forgot today was the start of Pagan Blog Project and I also admit I was not prepared for today. Yesterday was an odd one for me, watching someone else's small child, and I still feel like I am recovering lol. I will be better prepared next week.

I am excited, as this is not something I have ever done before, and as it is not daily, but weekly, I feel it will be easier to manage for me.

This year will be one in which I try to deepen my sense of spirituality. I have learned about a new path recently, one that most of the world considers taboo and evil, but it is not, and while there are similarities, it is not exactly for me. Especially if the people in that path all mostly act like one of the two people I know who follow that path. I do not care what your belief system is, but if all you can do is ridicule others about their choices and beliefs, then I do not want you in my life.

There is no path that I know of that fully describes how I feel and what I believe in. I am still very much eclectic and I do not fit in a cute little box tied up with a pretty ribbon.

Last year, I let my sense of spirituality fall by the wayside, in a time I probably needed it most. Since that year is over, I feel a heightened sense of anticipation to open myself back up to it. I am not sure if I will write about my journey, as it is a deeply private one, but I might from time to time. I am not sure yet.

I am going to close, for this first post.

I am very much anticipating continuing to work on the Pagan Blog Project, and seeing what the rest of the year brings!



No comments:

ShareThis