Saturday, January 01, 2011

What I hope to accomplish in 2011

 I have always shied away from making resolutions. I feel they set one up for failure and disappointment if you do not do them or stick with them, so, like so many others, I am making a list of goals. I might not get to all of them, and I might surpass them, you never know.

1. I want to maintain the relationships I have with my family and friends, and improve them if there is opportunity.

2. I want to continue to embrace my role in my house, and learn to love it even more, and take more pride than I already do.

3. If I have to get a job outside the home, then I hope I will find something I enjoy, and that has the right schedule to fit my families needs.

4. I want to continue to grow, and learn new things, including new things about myself.

5. I want to learn more patience as a mother. I made good progress in 2010, but there is so much more I can do to be more patient and to be a better mother.

6. I want to continue to make Jack happy, and let him know just how much I love him.

7. I want to continue to purge things that no longer have a use in my life. Be it people, possessions, ways of thinking or bad habits.

8. I want to become more organized. Again, I made good progress last year and I want to expound upon that.

9. I want to open up more, give more of myself, to the people who deserve it, and learn how to say no to people who do not.

10. I want to get healthy. This is not a goal to just lose weight, because that always fails. I have been having heart issues and I know I have to further change my lifestyle if I want to meet my grandkids.

11. Finally, I want to live more of my life. I want to get out of the house, go places, experience new things with my family, or even on my own once I get a working vehicle. To much of my life is spent behind closed doors, and while there is a time for everything, I feel this withdrawn, batten down the hatches mentality no longer serves me and I want it to change.

So there you have it. Eleven goals for 2011. Notice that most of them already have good foundations, and only need to be improved upon. I think that is easier than having to start all over in things. I have been that route and it never worked out. If you take the good things and make them better, it is more rewarding that having to struggle and fail in something. So many years of my life were wasted trying to do that, and I feel this year will be vastly different, and I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Ryan Sutton said...

Good luck to you in your goals for the new year. It's all pulling on some things buried for the past year and a half for me... time to re-assess I fear.

ShareThis