Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ten Things Thursday ( And NaBloWriMo Day 18 ) : Ten Songs I Love




I am combining two posts into one today. It is my Friday and I want to do some fun stuff instead of write all day today lol.

Today I give you Ten Songs I Love! These are just a few of the many songs that I love. I am a huge fan of almost all music, and these are a few that stand out to me for various reasons, or evoke a strong emotion.

This one will probably surprise some, since I am a pagan, and most assume I abhor or refuse to have anything to do with anything Christian based, but that is not true at all. This is a song I play when I am feeling despair and feel lost and alone. It usually makes me cry my eyes out, but it helps. I have been listening to it a lot since Daddy died...

1. Come to Jesus by Mindy Smith




2. The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars

This was the first song I had ever heard by 30 Seconds to Mars, and it was also when I found out that Jared Leto was the lead singer. I adore Jared, and how I missed  him and his band is beyond me, but this is one of those songs that I play often and sing at the top of my voice.




3. Titanium by David Guetta featuring Sia

This is a recent find, I had never heard of either of the artists, but I saw the video one day on a station we used to have called Cool TV, and it stopped me in my tracks. Sia's voice is so haunting and gorgeous, and this became anew anthem for me. No matter how many times I get knocked down in life, even when I rather stay down sometimes, I get back up and I keep on going. This song is about exactly that.




4. The Surface of the Sun by John Murphy

This song is off of the musical score of the movie "Sunshine" and it is a song that evokes very strong emotions in me. No words, just gorgeous music, and if you have seen the movie, you will understand a little better about why it hits me so hard. My soul unfolds when I hear this, and if possible, I feel so happy and peaceful while feeling crushing sadness all at the same time.



5. Pictures by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

This is the song that brought Jack and I together. I was with someone else, and Jack was single but running through a series of one night stand type deals, but it was me he wanted to be with. This song came on the radio one night as he was driving by the store where I worked, and he decided to come in and take a chance. We have been together ever since, almost 9 years.



6. Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac

I love everything from Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood mac, but this song gets to me. Pining for an old love, or even having a current love so strong that it transcends time...this is one of those I belt out at the top of my lungs as well.



7. If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crow

I have loved this song for a long time. Not sure why, it just always makes me feel better when I listen to it.



8. Already Gone by the Eagles

I love the Eagles and this is another feel good song...that when it all goes wrong, you keep going.


9. What if I Came Knocking by JohnMellencamp

This song has a lot of history with me....a long and detailed one that I do not really want to go  into as it will take days to type lol. It represents a person and a time period in my life all at the same time, and is very special to me.


10. Seven Spanish Angels by Willie Nelson and Ray Charles
This was my Dad's favorite song. It is a duet with Willie Nelson and Ray Charles, and I have been listening to it since I was a child. It has always affected me.



There you have it folks. Hope you enjoyed the videos and let me know in the comments if you liked them!


No comments:

ShareThis