Monday, November 08, 2010

Bits and Pieces....

Since I wrote my last post on life skills, some pretty cool things have happened.

Saturday Jack went hunting, and dropped me off at my parent's house a little after 6 Am. My Dad's brother, Uncle Joe, was there visiting, and he was the only one up. He is the uncle I was least closest to because he was a career military person, so he was overseas a lot.

I ended up talking to him for most of the day, and he told me so many awesome stories about when he was in the military, and then I asked him questions about that side of the family, because I could never ask Dad, he was always feuding over something with most of the family. I told him how I felt, which I mentioned in my blog post, about family and learning skills that should have been passed down, and how I felt about all that, and he agreed with me, and told me that any time I wanted to talk, just give him a call, and I was sad to see him leave that afternoon to go home.

I got to spend some good time with the kids, and with Mom, even though she and Dad were having a tiff. ( As I have said, Dad has anger issues he is just not starting to treat...)

Sunday Jack and Alex and I went shopping, and I got the Teach yourself to knit and the Teach yourself to crochet kids, along with a bunch of yarn! I started the knitting one last night, and I can cast on now, but I am having trouble transferring the stitches from one needle to the other. Must keep practicing!

I have a sewing project this week, I am making Jack a Ghillie Suit for when he goes hunting, and I am doing it by hand since I do not own a sewing machine, or know how to use it if I did lol...I have not started it yet, I intend to do that a little later today, I would like to have to have it done by Saturday, which is when he will go back to the woods.

I started back walking today. I have not gone in the last couple of weeks, the first week due to rain, and the second week due to my moon time, which has been very long and heavy this time. I just felt so lethargic and bleh that I did not go, but I did not beat myself up over it since I knew once I was better I would go right back to it, and I have. You have to be kind to yourself, things happen and sometimes stuff does not always work out the way you planned, but giving yourself a guilt trip over it does not help matters.

So it has been a nice few days, and the temps are nice and cool during the day, and cold at night. I am loving it, and loving the energy wave I am getting as the temps start to plummet!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

A Hippie's Bookshelf said...

A wonderful post and especially with Veteran's Day coming up. I imagine your Uncle got as much out of your talk as you. Some of the sweetest blessings come to us when we least expect it. I so much enjoyed reading here. You have a lovely blog and a place so welcoming and inspiring. I am inspired :) All the best to you.

ShareThis