Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Down cycles and new obsessions...

What a week.


As most of you know I am Bi-Polar, and as such I am sometimes hit with vicious down cycles. I have been lucky, I have not had a really bad one in over 6 months, but last weekend it more than caught up with me and made up for lost time.


Since the Universe has a sense of sadistic humor, I was also hit with some personal issues, 3 of them at the same time. So this last week was pure hell. I went into "Hermit Mode" and did not leave the inside of my house from Saturday evening until today, other than to walk the dog. Alex did not go to school yesterday so it was this morning while taking her to the bus stop that I saw any major form of daylight.


Luckily for me, my latest obsession arrived in the mail on Saturday:





Even if I had not been in the process of losing my mind, I would not have moved off the couch once I popped this baby in the PS3. I am hooked. I have not even thought about my other game I have been playing for weeks; Elder Scrolls Oblivion.


I have just about all the Sims available for consoles except the Gamecube version ( but my eldest daughter does have that one..) and up until now, 2 was my favorite, but 3 blows them all out of the water. As soon as I wake I hurry through my chores and get Alex out the door so I can get back to my virtual world. I know it is a horrible time sucker, but it helped me get through a very rough time, and I am pretty sure if I did not have it this down cycle would have lasted much longer.


Alex is still a total chatterbox that makes my brain leak out of my ears after a few hours of her incessant yammering at me. I am a very quiet person by nature, I could go days without ever speaking if I were allowed to. I guess that is why Alex is the way she is, to bust up one of those hermit qualities I have. I think it busts my sanity up more than anything lol.


I guess that is about it. That is why I have been back in the "Dead Zone" of blogging, but as you can see, I have come up for air long enough to bang out a quick update lol...


Now, I am pretty sure it is time for my Sims peeps to go to work and school.....

No comments:

ShareThis