Saturday, December 29, 2012

Post Holiday Recap...

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Ours turned out to be very nice. Thanks to a few special people, we were able to give gifts to the kids and my Mom, and we got some great stuff in return as well. The most important thing was that we had a great time with the family. My Mom cooked an amazing Christmas dinner, and it was scrumptious! So in the end, it ended up being very nice.

My Yule plans did not go as well. Alex was not feeling well, and instead of the baking and crafting I had planned, we just made a few chocolate covered pretzels and that was it. Maybe it was just the timing, and the fact she was not feeling great, but I was a little disappointed. We will just have to try again next year, right?

I have to admit, I am glad it is over. It all ended up being very nice, but the stress leading up to it all was killer. I am hoping this year we can plan ahead and not be in such a panic when it comes to buying gifts. I know that is not the important part, but I love to give, I love to make my family happy with a well thought out gift.

I am grateful for the people who helped us this season, we really appreciate it, and I am so grateful that we were able to spend the holiday with my Mom and the kids, as well as two of my cousins. I missed my Dad very much, but I could feel him there with us. I did not even cry, as I expected to.

So all in all, it was a very nice holiday, and now I am ready to bring this year to a close and strive to make next year a much better one!



Until  next time...




No comments:

ShareThis